Updated 9 September 2013
Note: Where an activity does not comply with a Permitted Activity Rule it shall be considered a Restricted Discretionary Activity, unless stated otherwise.
Note: All activities identified in Rule 10A.6 – Permitted Activity Rules – Special Network Utility – Electricity shall also comply with Rule 10A.5 – Permitted Activity Rules, where relevant.
10A.6.1 Minor Upgrading of Above-Ground Electric Lines and Support Structures
The support structure foundation footprint, during the minor upgrading (in relation to electric lines) of an above-ground electric line, shall:
- Not be increased by more than 15% of the existing tower base footprint, calculated on an area basis in accordance with Appendix 10A: Tower Relocation Envelope for Permitted Activities; and or
- Not be relocated by more than the tower relocation envelope in accordance with Appendix 10A: Tower Relocation Envelope for Permitted Activities;
- For pole structures, be adjacent to the existing footing.
Note: Any activity that increases the tower base footprint by more than 15%, but less than 20% and/or relocates the existing tower base footprint in accordance with the tower relocation envelope for Controlled Activities in accordance with Appendix 10A: Tower Relocation Envelope, shall be considered a Controlled Activity.
Note: Any activity that locates a pole structure that is not adjacent to the existing footing shall be considered a Restricted Discretionary Activity.
10A.6.2 Temporary Diesel-Fuelled Generation Activities
Temporary diesel-fuelled generation activities, including associated transformers and fuel storage tanks, located within the Rural Zones, Industrial Zones and Road Zone shall:
- Produce no greater than a combined output of 10MW per site;
- Operate for no longer than 6 months in any calendar year.
Definitions in this section
minor upgrading (in relation to electric lines)