Updated 11 September 2018
12E.1.1 Objective – Commercial and Industrial Zone Subdivision
Subdivision within Commercial and Industrial Zones provides for a range of business activities and industrial activities in an integrated and sustainable manner.
12E.1.1.1 Policy – Commercial and Industrial Zone Subdivision
By ensuring subdivision functional design and allotment sizes that:
- Meet the anticipated demands of activities on-site (e.g. access, parking, etc.);
- Do not adversely affect the ability of development to occur in accordance with Commercial Plan Areas and Outline Development Plans.
12E.1.2 Objective – Wairakei – Commercial and Industrial Subdivision
- Town Centre and Neighbourhood Centre Zones at Wairakei supports development and integration of a range of business activities, mixed use activities and residential activities;
- The Papamoa East Employment Zone at Wairakei supports development and integration of a range of industrial employment activities.
12E.1.2.1 Policy - Wairakei – Commercial and Industrial Subdivision
By ensuring subdivision within the Wairakei Town Centre Zone, Wairakei Neighbourhood Centre Zone and Papamoa East Employment Zone at Wairakei creates functional, practical allotments that will support:
- The implementation of comprehensively planned and staged land use that meets the Wairakei Urban Growth Plan, Wairakei Staging Plan and transport and infrastructure requirements;
- A minimum average nett yield of 23 dwellings a hectare in the Wairakei Neighbourhood Centre Zone, where mixed use and/or residential development is proposed;
- The integration of land use and transport between Wairakei and Te Tumu urban growth areas.