Updated 9 September 2013
13A.5.1 Objective – Maintenance and Enhancement of Conservation Values
The natural character, ecological and conservation values of the City’s Conservation Zone land is maintained and enhanced.
13A.5.1.1 Policy – Maintenance and Enhancement of Conservation Values
By maintaining and enhancing the natural character, ecological and conservation values of land zoned Conservation from the potential adverse effects of subdivision, use and development, by having regard to:
- The character and degree of modification, damage, loss or destruction that will result from the activity;
- The duration and frequency of effect (for example long-term or recurring effects);
- The magnitude or scale of effect (for example number of sites affected, spatial distribution, landscape context);
- Cumulative effects (for example loss of multiple features or values);
- Need for, or purpose of, the works;
- Visual impacts.
13A.5.2 Objective – Functional need to locate in the Conservation Zone
Use and development shall have a practical and functional need to locate within the Conservation Zone.
13A.5.2.1 Policy - Functional need to locate in the Conservation Zone
By recognising and providing for use and development that has a practical and functional need to be located in the Conservation Zone.
Definitions in this section