Updtaed 2 December 2017
Premises used for the sale of plants and associated merchandise or advisory services, including premises for the propagation, display or storage of plants for sale to the public.
Means any activity where 26% or more of the activity floorspace is devoted to retailing, storage and display for trading direct to the public.
New subdivision or development for residential or other urban land uses, from areas that were formerly undeveloped rural or open land.
gross developable area (Wairakei urban growth area)
Means a development yield area of independent dwelling units in the Wairakei Urban Growth Area which includes the provision of road and reserve requirements. It includes land used for;
- Residential purposes, including all open space and on-site parking associated with a dwelling(s);
- Local roads and roading corridors, including pedestrian and cycleways (and excluding state highways and major arterial routes (as determined by the roading hierarchy map);
- Local (neighbourhood) reserves;
- Gross developable area excludes land that is:
- Stormwater ponds and detention areas;
- Geotechnically constrained (such as land subject to subsidence or inundation);
- Set aside to protect significant ecological, cultural, heritage or landscape values;
- Set aside for esplanade reserves or access strips that form part of a larger regional or sub-regional network;
- Identified for commercial or business use, or for schools, hospitals or other district, regional or sub-regional facilities.
gross floor area (GFA)
Means the sum of the floor area or area of floors of a building or buildings measured from the exterior walls, or from the centreline of walls separating two buildings including mezzanine floors and internal balconies, but excluding space occupied by internal walls, stairwells, external balconies and terraces, rooftop parking areas, machinery rooms, lift shafts; and refuse areas. For the purposes of assessment specified by Appendix 4A: General Minimum On-site Parking and Loading Requirements it shall also exclude other internal car parking, and vehicle manoeuvring, loading and unloading spaces.
gross floor area (GFA)
For the purpose of Chapter 11 – Financial Contributions means the sum of the floor area or floors of a building or buildings measured from the external walls, or from the centreline of walls separating two buildings, including mezzanine floors and internal balconies.
gross leaseable floor area (GLFA)
The sum of any floor area designed for occupancy and exclusive use by a freehold owner or a tenant (including both freehold and leased areas). Exclusions include, but are not limited to:
- Lift shafts and stairwells, including landing areas;
- Corridors and malls where not for the exclusive use of a single tenancy;
- Any parking area required by the Plan;
- Machinery rooms for lift machinery, generators or air-conditioning equipment;
- Vehicular loading and unloading areas;
- Seating areas;
- Amenities such as toilet areas;
- Management offices for shopping centres and supermarkets (including any training room or offices used by staff).
The level of ground existing when approved earthworks associated with the most recent subdivision of the land have been completed (as at the issue of the section 224 Certificate or the previous legislative equivalent).
Areas of cut or fill which have resulted or will result from work undertaken as part of the construction of a building or an activity shall not be used in calculation of ground level.
When the ground level as defined, is not able to be identified, ground level shall mean the existing ground level but excluding any areas of cut or fill which have resulted or will result from work undertaken as part of the construction of a building or an activity which did/does not include subdivision.