Updated 11 September 2018
18A.6.1 Objective – Bulk and Scale of Buildings in Industry Zone
Buildings are of a bulk and scale sufficient to provide for the needs of industry while not compromising landscape character or the amenity of adjacent zones.
18A.6.1.1 Policy – Bulk and Scale of Buildings in Industry Zone
By limiting industrial development within the Industry Zone to a building envelope sufficient to provide for that development, while:
- Ensuring the maintenance of the landscape character of the locality;
- Ensuring the amenity of surrounding zones is not compromised;
- Ensuring the effects of development is mitigated by the inclusion of large specimen plantings and appropriate building form, where the provided building envelope is exceeded.
18A.6.2 Objective – Site Layout and Building Design in the Industry Zone
Development within the Industry Zone is unrestricted in the layout and design of buildings, unless adjacent to or opposite a sensitive zone, or area of natural character where development has regard to the amenity of that zone or area.
18A.6.2.1 Policy - Site Layout and Building Design in the Industry Zone
By providing an unrestricted layout and design of buildings in the Industry Zone, unless development is adjacent to or opposite a sensitive zone or area of natural character where:
- By requiring development opposite a sensitive zone to provide building setbacks and frontage landscape planting to soften the appearance of that development;
- Ensuring activities have regard to the amenity of adjacent zones by providing a physical separation of activities and building form to minimise disturbance, visual intrusion and overshadowing of the sensitive zones;
- Ensuring development is appropriately set back from areas of natural character, or land within the Conservation Zone sufficient to preserve the amenity, character and intrinsic natural values of those areas.
Definitions in this section