Updated 9 September 2013
7D.1.1 Objective - Heritage Trees
The factors, values and associations that define the City's heritage trees are identified and protected.
7D.1.1.1 Policy - Identification of Heritage Trees
By identifying and assessing heritage trees to the extent that they contain the factors, values and associations listed in 7A.1.1.1 - Policy - Identification of Historic Heritage.
7D.1.1.2 Policy - Protecting Heritage Trees
By protecting the particular factors, values and associations of a heritage tree from inappropriate subdivision, use and development by assessing:
- The need for emergency removal;
- The extent that any proposed maintenance will adversely affect the health of the tree and the surrounding landscape character;
- The potential adverse effects of the activity on the health of the tree, and the nature and extent of any proposed activities to be undertaken within the drip-line of the tree.
7D.1.1.3 Policy - Removal of a Heritage Tree
By restricting the removal of a heritage tree, to ensure there are no adverse effects resulting from:
- The loss of cultural values and heritage values on a local, regional or national scale;
- The loss of any surrounding landscape character, particularly where the tree is also registered as a notable tree.
Definitions in this section